Saturday 14 January 2012

Settling Back In

So these last few days have just been getting back into life here. I am definitely in Ireland withdrawal. But I know this is where God wants me to be. I'm learning so much here and this place is molding me so much. It was truly amazing when I went home how some people realized this change in me. I want God. He's the only thing I want. I want to live a life that gives Him all the glory. All of it. When it comes down to it, God is the only one I trust. So many things in life let us down, family, friends, jobs, money etc. When you think about it, like I mean really think, what can you really trust in this world? And when you break it all down you realize that you cant trust anything. This world is constantly changing, nothing is constant. But God is constant, He is the same today as He always has been, and He will always be the same. People always ask me how I can trust in God, but He is basically the only thing I believe I can trust in.

Tonight I hung out with friends. We went to church then hit a coffee shop then goofed around for the rest of the night. I had thee best time. I realized just how blessed I was. I am surrounded by the people I love here. I am surrounded by amazing people who are constantly influencing and encouraging me. Sometimes you really just have to stop, look around yourself and take in how truly blessed you are. If your anything like me you'll ask yourself "wow....what did I do to deserve this?", "Why has God blessed me so much?". But this is the absolutely class thing, God believes in YOU. Yea, the master and creator of the universe believes that YOU can make a difference. Mind blown right? Sometimes I wonder how someone so powerful can believe in me, how someone so magnificent loves me, truly loves me, to the point where no human love even comes close! Sometimes it is important to just remind yourself of the basics of God. He is all powerful, He is all loving and He thinks the absolute world of you. This insanely awesome being wants you, wants you like no one else in this world. He wants a relationship with you. He wants to share in your highs, and He wants to be there for you in your lows. But you have to let Him. You have to give up your life for Him. Hand it all over, all of it, and hold nothing back. Because it is only when we lose our life, that we truly find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment