Friday 7 October 2011

Wow it has been a while

So I have been totally awful with blogging recently. So bad. Truth is, college is causing me to think a lot, think a lot about everything. So lets get updated here.

I'm currently on fall break, a four day weekend which is totally needed in my opinion. The American lifestyle is so fast and can be so overwhelming at times. So many things are happening. So many things going on.

But then I have to grab myself, still myself and remember the real reason why I am here, the real reason I am in this country, at this university, what I am working for and who I am working for.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

I am learning the importance of this verse.

"Be still" - put down what your doing, take a break, clear your mind of all the worries you're thinking of, get away from everyone around you, do what needs to be done in order for you to clear your mind and distance yourself from the busyness of this world. You need time for yourself, time to think, time to really translate, organize and work out your thoughts.

"know that I am God" - KNOW that you are part of something that is more than this world. KNOW that there is someone out there who could not care more for you. KNOW that He is there. KNOW that He cares. Know He can offer you more than anything or anyone on this earth can. KNOW that He will not desert you. KNOW that no matter what you do, or what you have done, He will welcome you back with open arms like nothing ever happened. But you need to KNOW Him. You need to KNOW that you can trust in Him, for He will never let you down. Ever.

So if your being tossed and turned by the troubles of this life, not knowing what you think, not knowing what to think. Take a step back, take some time out, Be still. Know that Someone is there, Someone is cheering you on, Someone wants you to overcome whatever it is your facing. Know that this person is your God. And that this God is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment