Monday 24 September 2012

Where does your joy come from?

This week I was challenged when one of my friends spoke at a student run chapel at my school. We were simply asked about joy, where our joy came from, or if we had any joy at all.
              We all seek acceptance, love and praise from those around us. Its inevitable and believe me I am the worst offender. I value the appraise of those around me rather than God's because, well, I have to live with the opinions of those around me. But we so often lose sight of who we are and who God intended us to be when we start beginning to focus more on the opinions around us. Again, I have been the worst offender. I could tell you the stories of how I would have changed so much about myself in order to suit the people around me. I changed my taste in fashion, in music, in how I act. Now I have come to the age where I want to be confident in who I am, what I like and where I want to go.
               To stay in God's will has something which has been hard for me. I am so independent to the point where it frustrates those closer to me. To depend and trust in someone I cannot see tests me beyond belief. I don't trust enough in the only thing I should be trusting in.
               I really want to challenge you...to challenge yourself. In reading your Bible, in your prayer life, pray big, pray specific, love on those around you, begin to start an epic journey of discovery of God and who you are in Him. So many people, really all people, need a good character analysis every now and again. The condition of the world is a direct reflection of the condition of the human heart and we all know that neither of these things are where they should be.
              This question: Where does your joy come from?
                         Think about it.
                                     Explore it.
                                                I know where mine should come from and I want to challenge you to explore it for myself. I know that my control of my life and the joy I think I am experiencing don't even come close to the joy I can find in Jesus Christ, if I just trust Him enough to handle it.


"I choose joy...I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God" - Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment