Sunday 25 December 2011

"The Boys of the NYPD choir were singing "Galway Bay" and the bells were ringing out for Christmas Day"


Well Happy Christmas from the Emerald Isle!

So this song basically is Christmas in Ireland. I cannot tell you how many time I have heard this song playing since I came home. Its been great to be home, to see everyone again. I have also been able to look at Northern Ireland from an outsiders perspective. This places needs a lot of things. There really is a shortage of things to do for teenagers around here. Churches are so outdated its unbelievable. We need teams, people, anyone with a passion for Jesus to come here. So Im taking this upon myself, my mission for the next semester is to recruit as many people as I can to come to Northern Ireland. You really never know where a conversation can lead, or what a conversation can result in. The most people I can pump into this country the better. I just hope that some of the people I can hopefully encourage to come here could see themselves here longterm. I want to get as many people as I can here. I knwo fine rightly that people fall in love with this place. I am already in love with this place. You can most certainly take the girl out of Ireland, but you can never take Ireland out of the girl. This place holds in it so much beauty. My entire life was once here, my past still is. This places inspires me beyond belief. The scenery is breath taking and is only when you go away and live in the city for 5 months that you realize this. I am extremely proud of where I am from. But I want to give back here, I want to make a difference. You may think that naive of me. I have always been a dreamer and will continue to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment