Monday 10 December 2012

Funny How Things Work Right?

So, my last post was about risks right? Well listen up folks. Just be careful what you pray for :)

Today I got accepted onto camp teams at my school. Basically what this consists of is that I will be traveling over the states this coming summer with a group of three other people and visiting camps all over the US. This has been one of my biggest dreams and a lot of prayer has went into it. Originally I was so scared to apply for this. I had been rejected last year for different reasons and wasn't going to apply this year until some friends convinced me into it. I was so scared to feel this rejection and failure again. But something felt right about reapplying this year. I am going to get the opportunity to tell hundred of kids this summer about Jesus, His love and how real He is in not just my life but how real He can be in these kids' lives too. This entire day I have been speechless by the fact I get this opportunity.

But as I thought about this dream, it suddenly dawned on me that every dream comes at a cost. This will mean not seeing my family or country for over a year. It will mean spending another birthday away from them, ending my teenage years 4,000 miles from the place I was born. But when I thought of this more, how selfish it was of me to think this way. To think that my dreams would cost me nothing. I have always been known as a dreamer, the person who wanted to change the world from such a young age, who didn't even see the sky as the limit when there was still space beyond it. My Dad would and still does always tell me that nothing good comes easy. When I think about the person who is my number one fan it is completely him. This summer I am going to do something which I know I am meant for, but something that scares me beyond belief. Like I referred to in my last post, this is the place where I reach the end of my faith and say "God you better show up" or when I sit as His feet and say "God...I don't know if I can, I don't know If I'm strong enough". The beauty of it is that I am not strong enough, but there is someone strong enough who has my back. This next year isn't going to be easy, fact, but I know its going to be worth it, that a year in the grand scheme of things isn't long at all.

I am so excited by this opportunity. I can just tell that this summer is going to be a life-changing one, not only will I witness the lives of kids being totally transformed by Christ but in turn this summer will completely change me too. I will be with a team all summer, friendships will be developed, we will love each other then get sick of each other and then love each other all the more, we will laugh, shout cry. In reality, I have NO idea what God has in store this summer. All I know is that He is in control and thats something I need to be content with.

I still will hold onto my big dreams, knowing that if I truly want to pursue them, the cost may be large but the cost will be totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment