Thursday 1 September 2011

Getting into the swing

So I am about to finish my third week of classes here at CCU. And you have no idea how at home I feel. My wee room has become my own wee home here. Of course I miss my family, friends, job, so many things I miss from there. But I know that I am suppose to be here. I've already learned so much. Not just through the classes I am taking but through the people I am meeting here. These people are from all over, at different stages in their Christian walk and they have just been amazing. I have learned just as much from the people here as I have from the classes I'm taking. The American way is so refreshingly different from back home. I really believe that I can be effective after this experience. But being away from everyone and every thing back home until then is difficult. I have my motivation. My country. My family. My friends. This time away will be good but man is it difficult. People always tell me, "You made such a sacrifice" or "How did you do it?". Let me tell you this, the whole time that I was planning to get here, I didn't feel at any stage that I was making any sort of sacrifice. I simply did what I knew needed to be done. I know that I need to be taught here, I need to be trained, so that I can be truly effective. I could not get this experience back home. That is fact. I'm here to experience this so that I can go back and share that experience. Share that passion that these people have for Jesus. Learn to be a true servant of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment