Thursday 8 September 2011

Getting on top of it

So I am finally beginning to feel like I am getting on top of the crazy work load that school is giving me! Whoo hoo! I think I am finally getting into the swing of college life and American life all at once. I am hoping to get involved with my church here by hopefully leading a 5th grade small group, I am really praying about and hoping it works out! I would be in my absolute element! I am currently getting trained to help mentor a kid. Its through an organization called Whiz Kids, I will be tutoring a Kid who needs help with their school work. I'm really excited about this too! Things are really starting to piece together here which is great , a complete answer to prayer. This place is amazing me in so many different ways. Its inspiring actually. I talk to people who want to change the world here.

"Believe in Him and get ready to change the world" 

We were told this the other day in chapel. God looks at us and sees unlimited potential. Its a crazy idea right? unlimited potential. People carry this assumption that Bible college students come from a holier than thou background, that they are squeaky clean, never went wrong in their life. Let me tell you now, that is not the case. You probably wont meet more messed up people than you will at a Bible college. I do not mean this in a nasty way, let me explain. This is something that I am coming to realize here. People here have come from broken homes, families, and have a truly shocking story to tell. But here's the neat part. God uses them. Yea God takes those messed up, broken people and uses them for His kingdom. God uses their stories in order to reach others. We have truly awesome conversations here, really we do. God is so evident in these peoples lives. How He can truly come in and rescue is such a miracle in itself. How God can turn around a totally crap situation and make it into something positive is unbelievable. I speak to former drug dealers, drug addicts, alcoholics, people who were homeless, suffered from eating disorders, you name it, it's here. But God uses these people. These people inspire me so much. Being around people who have went through these experiences and still want to serve and love the Lord, they are the inspirations. God has restored these people, welcomed them in with open arms, and has chosen them to work for Him. Why have I realized this? Because I am one of those messed up people too. I thought I would be alone on that front here. But I have been totally humbled by seeing how much God changes lives. How much He can change lives. I know a lot of your attitudes now are "Wow, America has made Vikki think she is a preacher" but America has made me realize that I'm supposed to tell people about the amazing work that Christ has done in my life. Honestly, If i am totally convinced of Christs existence, utterly and completely, and of the amazing blessings he has brought to my life How much would I really have to hate you in order to not share that with you?

1 comment:

  1. vikki, it amazes me how much you have grown and how strong your faith is :) i'm so glad you are living the life you want, you are doing amazing things!!

    ReplyDelete