Monday 5 September 2011

Skyping Father :D


Got to speak to Dad and George today! My Dad is totally great at sorting my mind! I can give him a whole word vomit of how I'm feeling and he totally rationalizes it for me and knows exactly how I am feeling! Being away from home is super tough, I miss my family, friends, even just the scenery of being back home. I miss being able to jump into my little twelve year old Volkswagen Polo and go wherever I want. But being here, is making me grow up in so many other ways. Being away from familiarity is tough but I am getting such an experience which is definitely changing me for the better. I wasn't dependent upon my Dad, we were always taught to be independent but I guess I never really got the chance to try that out until I came here.  I am so thankful for how my Dad brought me up, I used to seriously dislike him whenever he would make me sort out stuff like forms and banking but I would be in a lot of trouble had he not made me do that. This guy never had it easy, he has raised me and my brother single-handedly for the last seven years or so. But the best thing about this guy is that whatever crazy dream I had next, He never stopped me. He never told me that I couldn't do it. He always taught me that if I really wanted something, wanted it bad, to grab it with both hands. He has taught me so much, and its only when your far away, by yourself that you truly realize just how much has been done for you. How your parents have shaped you into the person you now are. 

Sure we hated them for it, and always dreaded the day when we would actually agree with the statement "Someday you'll thank me for this!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment