Friday 4 May 2012

Dreams



Devote yourself to an idea. Go make it happen. Struggle on it. Overcome your fears. Smile. Don't forget : this is your dream"

I was told by one of my professors here, if you want something to happen you need to do anything and everything to make it happen (obviously within reason). We get so annoyed at ourselves whenever our dreams aren't falling into place but are we really chasing after them? Recently I realized that I had so many plans for my life, things I wanted to accomplish, yet I was doing basically nothing to try and achieve them. I wasn't putting myself totally out there and throwing myself into my dreams. We, as humans, love love love to complain but I have to say, I am sick and tired of being so apathetic about things. I want to ooze with passion in everything I do. The fact is, someday is today. One of the few things I remember about reading the Twilight books, (I had referencing the twilight books but I'm going to roll with this) was when Bella is trying to convince Edward to make her into a vampire and in a total passion she screams at him and tells her she is dying. This startles him and she simply tells him "I am dying, each day I get closer and closer to that point". Wow, very philosophical of you Stephanie Meyer. Its the one good thing I took out of those books. Anyway, the truth is we have the power to go out and make our dreams happen, but it all comes with rejecting apathy and working hard. Getting up time and after time. Never losing hope and never forgetting that this is our dream and we are the only people who can make it happen. But it all starts with one step. The first step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment