Saturday 21 July 2012

A Love Affair

So I want to take you back to this time last year. I was an 18 year old girl who wanted nothing more than to leave her messy past in Ireland and throw it behind her. But let me forward you back to Summer 2012, where a 19 year old young woman sees in this small island so much need and loves it with her whole heart, a heart she cannot give to anything else. I honestly can tell you I have fallen in love with this country. Its small, its significant and it has so many problems, but I can tell you that I love it so much, I have such compassion for its people and my calling suddenly took a dramatic shift this Summer. When I left this island, I left a part of myself here and while it is still here I cannot devote my heart fully to somewhere or someone else. God still remains priority. Always. But this place needs so much, it is breath-taking with its beauty. I will go back to America with an Ireland sized hole in my heart and that is no lie. But I will still go back because I know, that as hard as it is, America is where God wants me right now. I am learning so much, and it inspires me beyond belief to be there amongst the people and learning so much about the gospel and how we can change the course of history with it. This island needs Jesus. These people need to see Jesus for who He is, not who dated religion in the country says He is but which a relationship with Him says He is. I want you to look at this picture and pray for my country, the country which stole my heart and no matter where I go in this life will continue to have a special part of my heart. This country is my motivation in so many things. I see so much opportunity here for ministry, I truly do, and I have been a great believer in John Moxen's saying "He who gets the vision...gets the job". This place inspires me so much and I cannot put into words how much I love this place and these people. There is a lot of work to be done here. Join me in that, whether that is through prayer, through talking to me about it (vikki.smyth@fsmail.net) or through thinking about visiting this incredible place. YOU can be a part of a movement here without even leaving your seat on the other side of the world. Join me. Lets start a ripple effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment