Sunday 22 July 2012

What Makes You Beautiful

So today when I went into my Nana's house she gave me this magazine she had bought me. She mainly got it because it came with free mascara but when I was flicking threw it, I was struck with the image of beauty which is portrayed to women, both young and old. I took some pictures of how beauty is translated in this culture. And that's the first picture. From this all I seen was how girls have to be thin, have to have a skinny waist, clear skin and how cosmetic surgery is no big deal because who gets what they want right? I will never be the skinniest, have the super small waist, the clearest skin. Women have this extreme expectations there and few rarely meet these insane expectations, and when they dot meet them they begin looking in other places for fulfillment and acceptance. They look to guys, to clothes, these expectations have resulted in abusive relationships, anorexia, self harm and these are few among a wide spread area of issues. Girls and women are under so much expectation, expectation which is unreachable yet so many will beat themselves up to meet that. I have fell it for it before, I have and it brought me no happiness, I struggled with weight issues and self image issues and to an extent still do but when I fully realized this today. The effects of just some pictures. It broke my heart. These pictures give both guys and girls expectations, guys think these girls are the norm and that's what they need. I have friends who are absolutely gorgeous, but yet they aren't happy with how they look. They'll beat themselves up over how they see themselves. Satan is crafty. I know that. An he knows us girls weaknesses. And this one hits us all. YOU are beautiful, you're God designed, your looks are a masterpiece, designed by the greatest artist of all time. In the magazine I also found some images which I did like, which shown fun in women. This is why i want to teach our women! Confidence is the greatest thing which a woman can show. Be confident in who you are because you are so stinkin beautiful! And you don't need to do anything to alter your looks. You don't. Not for anyone! Be the person God wants you to be. Be proud because you are 'fearfully and wonderfully made' by the author of life! Dont let society and the media tell you what is beautiful, YOU tell them and show them what is beautiful! It's a girl who owns herself, is confident in who she is,in how God made her and has a heart which she devotes to him. That my sisters and brothers is beauty. It is what it's intended to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment