Monday 5 November 2012

Christianity Isn't Restricted.



I over-analyze my life to the max. I over think God's plan and think that in order for things to happen I need to be in specific places at specific times and do things in specific ways. This way of thinking often has us double checking every decision and rechecking it too, it makes us develop slow response times and honestly has us over thinking and doubting ourselves way too much. We often think that, as Christians, we need to follow a script which God has written and if we don't, then we are "off the path". But this idea of Christianity totally discredits the very thing which we are blessed to have...Freedom.

Now, its very true that God has a plan for our lives and we can often stray from that. But God made us with a freewill. God wanted us to freely choose to follow Him and gave us the command to love Him with all our heart, soul and mind and then to go into the world and make disciples. This is what He wants. I want to refrain from saying "this is the only thing He wants from us" because if you truly understand these commands and the implications of them then you will understand how big they are in themselves. You see to love God with all your heart , soul and mind means truly letting yourself and your desires die in order to pursue the desires He has for your life. If you aren't effected by this command, then you are simply not following it and don't understand it. I am not saying that I fully understand it, I am still learning to love with ALL my heart, ALL my soul and ALL my mind.

With ALL my heart...
       To put aside the desires of my heart and acknowledge that God will provide my every need and that He is enough...always.

With ALL my mind...
       To clear all the crap out of my brain and devote time to God so He can fill it with thoughts of Him and the ways He wants me to go.

With ALL my soul...
       To know that He saved me, He is the reason I am free and I have no other God than Him, no one will love me like Him...or even come close for that matter.

So from now, I choose to not focus on the details, God has those. I choose to live a free life, the life God intended for me, the life Jesus died so I could have. Don't think you have to follow a script, God has a crazy awesome plan for you. I promise. But the very things you look for will come when you stop looking. Instead of focusing on the details, focus on living a life of love, whole-heartedly devoted to the Lord in heart, soul and mind and go make disciples where you can, impact everyone you meet and I promise its a choice you never will regret. Let go, you aren't in control, you never were and guess what? ...you never will be. So the classic line of "Let go, Let God"comes into play. Live a life appropriate to your calling...and you are called to be free.




No comments:

Post a Comment