Monday 5 November 2012

The Classic Teachings on Love and Everything Lovely


At my Junior High retreat last weekend I learned so much about what young Junior Highers are facing here and it truly shocked me. I had totally forgotten was it was like to be that age but it seems that our youth are facing even more crazy stuff. As I sat with my high schoolers they began to tell me about school; about their lockers which get raided once a month for drugs, their bi-sexual friends who hold hands around school and their friends who are sleeping together, some of them even had thoughts of suicide. These kids aged from 11-13. I couldn't believe it. I love these kids so much and when they were saying all this I had to refrain from changing my major to education and starting up my own school to where I could lock them all away...or home-schooling them...that could work... But obviously with having a small group of 6th grad girls the topic of relationships came up. Some of them were "mature" and said they would wait to High School, which I immediately said still wasn't a good idea and said to wait to college...but then realized they were MY girls and I changed my mind to saying they couldn't date till they were 30. Which I still stand by. And will continue to stand by.

I came back to school, and realized that people nearly 7 years older than them still were thinking in a similar fashion about dating. They believed they were working to some sort of time frame. One thing I preached to my girls and I'll continue to, is never to settle and never to compromise, especially in relation to relationships. I see so many people do it and it breaks my heart.

Ladies,
        You deserve to walk down that aisle all in white and see the face drop of that dream man at the end. You deserve a guy who when he says "for better for worse" means it and more. You deserve a man who is a man. You deserve a guy who is totally and utterly head over heels for you in the purest form. You deserve the guy with the awesome faith who you don't think exists any more, but He does.

Men,
       You deserve that lady who walks down all in white, the girl who has saved herself just for you. You deserve a girl who wants your dreams and believes in them just as much as you. You deserve a girl who lights up every time she sees your face and makes you smile in return.


Guys and gals, if you don't promise me anything promise me you will never compromise and never settle. Don't give up your dreams, find someone who is just as excited, if not more, about the ones you have and someone who wants to be a part of them. Some people who are single get so mad at that but when you think about being single and why that is, just think that the reason you haven't met them yet is because God just isn't finished with them yet, but when they are, all the wait will be totally worth it. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment