Wednesday 16 January 2013

Being Back!

So I included this picture which my best friend took when I was mid laugh in another conversation but I think it perfectly sums up how these last few days have been. This week I am in an early week class where I am cramming lectures from a whole semester into just one week, but this is good because then I have the majority of work done before I even enter the rest of the semester. I am taking Greek and Roman history from 9am to 5pm all this week which consists of also watching 300 and Gladiator in class, whilst fighting the urge of jumping out of my chair, yelling "FORRR SPARTTTAAA!" and running out of the room.

But in amongst all the classes I am catching up with friends and just having a general laugh. I literally have laughed the majority of time since I have been back. This is one of the priceless treasures of being amongst a community of believers, I cannot tell you how blessed I am to be at CCU. To travel 4000 miles and be with people who have such a genuine care for you? It can only be the power of the family of Christ. Last semester I really doubted whether I should be here, whether I should be studying Ministry. It all just seemed so fragile to me, that I was investing so much into here yet in 2015 I will have to leave it all behind, and I'll come out with a degree where I have no idea where it will take me. It was a really rough semester for me, but one that I have certainly learned from and needed to happen. Even when I went home at Christmas I doubted whether I should come back.

But I am 100% supposed to be here. And I am so excited about knowing that. God is going to do insane things before I graduate here, He is going to open doors which I never knew existed and show me experiences I never thought I would have. I never thought I would find a family in another continent who I could care for so much, these people are my brothers and sisters and daily they try to encourage me to just be the person I was intended to be. Guys, I have learned what true joy is from these people, and I will never be able to thank them enough. This part of my life is most definitely a phase where I have to trust and have patience. I literally have no idea what direction my life could turn; american or ireland, ministry opportunities, travel, my dreams, I have no idea but how much of a blessing this is! The fact that all these doors are open in front of me right now! I am learning so much here, my classes are incredible but the most I am learning is from the people around me, the experiences I am having and I cannot wait to see the woman God will mould me into before I walk across that stage and take my degree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment