Friday 11 January 2013

Hopped Off the Plane at ...O'Hare

So I am currently at O'Hare airport in Chicago. I will be flying back to Cincinnati in roughly one hour and Im pumped. Its going to be so good getting back into routine again and I really do miss that crazy CCU family of mine. What was super cool about my flight from Dublin to Chicago was that my friend Johannes from Germany was also on it. Getting into the departure lounge and seeing a familiar face after all the goodbyes was such a blessing. Saying goodbye to my Dad and brother was super rough. I held it all in with my Dad until I got past security and when I was about to have a proper cry, this rasping old woman came up to me and said "love, could you help me through here?" , so I made a friend. We did security and laughed at how inappropriate it feels to put your belt on in public etc etc. She was heading to Boston and was rather excited about the pub scene there. We said our goodbyes and then I met Johannes. I was row 13 and Johannes row 14, but before we got on the plane Johannes kept commenting on how we were seated so far apart, I replied with "Johannes, you could be seated next to the woman of your dreams, and I could have an entire row to myself and it'll be beautiful".

Vikki Smyth, has called a couple things before :) Anyway, I got on the plane, and I was seated beside babies. Now in any other social situation this is cool. But babies on planes mean screaming the entire way across the atlantic ocean. Johannes partner was not yet there. When I was beginning to doubt my idea, the air stewardess approached the family and asked them if they would like the free row only two rows down from us, the mother looked to me and said "well actually could you offer this girl that row? it would be handier if we had her seat", happily I moved down, appreciative of the legroom for the next 8 hours. A 5'10" girl needs her legroom. As I made my way down the plane I witnessed the lovely Johannes speaking to his new found friend who had just taken her seat, a pretty french girl and guess what friends? Johannes knows french. So we sat for 8 hours, as Johannes spoke the majority of the flight with this cute girl and I lounged in my free row (actually a guy joined me because he didnt want to be around the screaming children but we both had two seats and didnt talk much) watching the new Batman which was INCREDIBLE! I also began to watch a One Direction documentary but felt heavily judged and even felt I had reached a new low so I quickly cancelled it.

As I sit in Chicago I am so incredibly excited to see everyone in Cinci, I just have a really cool feeling about this semester. I am so excited to see how God is going to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment