Thursday 17 January 2013

Learning about God in Gladiator, 300 and Eagle

So like I said in my last post, I am in Greek and Roman History all week. And as we work through each time period we learn just how this area of the world was basically being moulded the entire time so that it could accommodate the word of Christ. Its so incredible to see how each historical event would benefit the word of Christ and the message of His resurrection. For example, the road systems developed by the Romans made trading and correspondence between cities more accessible, this also played a part in the message of the gospel spreading. Alexander the Great conquered half the western world tying them together and also paving the way for the gospel to spread quickly across it, from the dawn of time God was in control of history and was shaping and moulding it so that it could rightly accommodate His son.  How incredible! When we read the Bible we know that God had his hand over the events in that but its so easy to forget that he was orchestrating everything around it. He has went into every fine detail, and its so incredible to look back and see! But the God who orchestrated all of history and the Bible still works actively today, in our lives, wanting the best for us and has paved ways for us to do insane things for Him! I can literally tell you that I never thought I would study Ministry, that I would move at 18 to another country and would love it! When I think about what direction God may send me in the future, the crazy adventures He will set me out on, I cant help but get so excited! I know God is a God of surprises and I cannot wait to see how God is going to orchestrate my future and the beauty that will come from the details :)

No comments:

Post a Comment