Friday 29 June 2012

Godly Examples

Tonight I had the incredible opportunity to hang out with an amazing Godly woman who I really look up to over here. Her name is Brittney Staubach and I've had the absolute pleasure of knowing her since 2009. She has taught me so much in the three years I have known her. She has taught me just how to really chase after God and trust in His plan even when it makes absolutely no sense. Her love for the Lord is just inspiring and the example she sets for me as a Godly woman is incredible.
I believe it is so important that we have these examples in our lives which we can turn to; for guidance, advice, direction, wisdom and prayer. In the hope that we can be these examples for others.
When Brittney arrived to get me tonight I had just such a heavy heart. It seemed like so many things were coming at me from so many different angles. God totally was working through her tonight and her honesty and advice was something which I needed to hear and had so much wisdom behind it. She sets such an awesome example for a woman who is wholly chasing after God and is just such a beautiful woman in Christ. I really really encourage you, if you don't already have one, to seek out mentors or Godly examples who can pour into your life and who you can go to for counsel. We love to think we have all the answers and that we can do it by ourselves but the Bible teaches all about fellowship and about seeking the counsel of wiser people. God didn't intend us to battle life alone. And if you think that you have got it all under control and think you know everything, you may have a pride issue. I used to think that I didn't need help, that I had this life deal sorted out and I could do it by myself. Thankfully, God softened my heart to that, and I learned how much people could guide me and how many awful decisions I could avoid from advice people had to give me. Hindsight is an incredible thing, and so many people can offer you that hindsight, people who have already lived what you have gone through.
From meeting with Brittney tonight I feel like there are so many things I have a better grasp on and I feel like Brittney pushed me back in track to where I want to be. She set me a beautiful example of where I hope I can come close to being someday. And I am so unbelievably thankful for these examples in my life. I am thankful for awesome Godly women who are stepping up to be examples for young girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment