Thursday 21 June 2012

Finishing When God Writes Your Love Story

I started reading this book thinking it would be the mushiest thing I had ever read. I have not finished it and I can honestly tell you that his book has seriously changed so much of my thinking in regards to not just relationships but in how I deal with all people on a day to day basis. This book has so much truth in it which would help encourage those of you thinking about pursuing a relationship, those of you already in a relationship or even those of you who aren't particularly interested in relationships. Eric and Leslie Ludy make this book so easily accessible to any audience. If you are in any form of church leadership, I strongly recommend it because this book would be fantastic in you advising people both young and old about relationships.

So much ground is covered in the 250 pages of this book. It will teach you not only how to pursue good relationships but the importance of our purity; physically, emotionally and mentally. To Leslie and Eric there is no much more to purity than just putting a physical relationship on hold. It will also teach you how to be respective of your future husband/ wife long before you even meet them. Crazy idea right? But it can totally happen. The idea of love and relationships in this book is real. There are definitely moments in t where you are thinking 'wow. This is so cute and mushy, surely this can't be real' but they also show the very real side. The importance of forgiveness on a daily basis, patience, and the work that should be involved in a relationship. By reading this book you could be made aware of information which could save a lot of heartache along the way, either in a relationship or in the pursuit of one. Eric and Leslie also help you to understand how other relationships are so important in regards to your pursuit of a boyfriend or girlfriend relationship. They will challenge you to strengthen relationships with family,friends and mentors and challenge you to love like Jesus in all areas of your life.

This book is a must read, I'm even starting a book by Leslie tonight called 'Set-Apart Femininity', I've been told this will totally change my thinking again. But it is all too easy to let books change our thinking for a short period of time until we forget about it and give way to our old bad habits.

So in short: read this book by this awesome godly couple, it has honesty really caused me to evaluate so my in my life as a whole let alone dating life. This couple seriously know what's up and there will be so many times which you look up, look all around you and be like 'are they writing this to me?'

No comments:

Post a Comment